Outsiders and Others is seeking visual artists from Canada and the United States who’s artwork is focused on wood boring insects, wood, and/or the relationship between wood boring insects and wood.
This exhibition being presented simultaneously with the Joint American and Canadian Entomological Society Meeting in Vancouver on November 13-16, 2022.
How to apply by email:
- Send up to 4 images of artwork to be considered for Images must be jpegs.
- Include a list that describes the images you are sending with the title, medium, and size of each
- Write a statement about yourself that includes your education, exhibition history, and why you were interested in applying to participate in this
E mail all your information to: email@example.com and put “Boring Art” in the subject line. Artists will be notified by email about the selection process results by October 7.
- Applications due Sept 30th
- Exhibition dates are November 2-27, 2022
- Self-taught artists will be given priority consideration for the exhibition as that is the focus of our organization.
- The gallery retains a 25% commission on the sale of all
- Artists are responsible for the cost of shipping the artwork to and from the gallery for the
Outsiders and Others is a non-profit arts Society with a focus on bringing non-traditional artists to the forefront. This includes outsider, folk, self-taught, visionary, intuitive, and artists with disabilities.
Our gallery is at 716 East Hastings Street in Vancouver and is open to the public Wed – Sat 11-4 and by appointment. We also have a window only gallery at #100-938 Howe Street.
Any questions? Feel free to contact Director / Curator Yuri Arajs at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us online at www.outsidersandothers.com
This post is also available in: Français