The Scientific Programming committee for the ESC/ESO 2021 JAM – Strength in Diversity – is soliciting invited symposia to be presented at the 2021 JAM to be held at Marriott on the Falls, Niagara Falls Ontario between Sunday October 3rd to Wednesday October 6, 2021.
JAM theme and vision
Strength in Diversity. The insects are among the most diverse group of organisms on the planet, and entomologists are applying an increasingly diverse toolkit to advance knowledge on a diversity of topics in the field. We are keenly aware of the declines in the diversity of insects that threaten vital ecosystem functions, human health, and our economy. We are also becoming increasingly aware of systematic barriers that preclude many from studying and practicing entomology, threats that likely impact the productivity and ingenuity of entomological research in Canada. Our goal for the 2021 JAM – Strength in Diversity – is to showcase state of the art entomological research on a diversity of taxa, ecosystems and disciplines, and to collectively discuss solutions to enhancing equity and diversity in Entomology.
Interested researchers should submit a 1 page symposium proposal containing the following elements:
- Title of the proposed symposium
- Name(s), contact and affiliation for the Chair of the symposium
- Potential list of talks and speakers. Please indicate which speakers have confirmed their willingness to participate.
- A brief statement of how the symposia compliments that theme of the JAM.
- Time requirements. Our schedule can accommodate both 15 min presentations (12 min talk + 3 min Q&A), or 30 min presentations (25 min talk + 5 min Q&A).
- Any additional notes for consideration.
All proposed symposia must give appropriate consideration to equity, diversity and inclusion principles when selecting speakers.
Deadline for submission September 14 2020. Please email submissions to email@example.com
This post is also available in: Français